Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

deep breaths

I had a small panic attack this morning when I realized there are only 80 days until I marry the man of my dreams. It’s not the man-of-my-dreams part that I worry about (seriously girls, he’s amazing), but the measly 80 days I have left to plan the big day.

When we got engaged back in March, we made all (well, most) of the big decisions rather quickly. Church – check; reception venue – check; photographer – check; dress – check check. It has been the incredible volume of small decisions that threaten to overwhelm me. What kind of dishes should we use? What color tablecloths do we buy? Are there any chairs on the planet that I'll actually like? How many tables can we fit in the barn while also giving them enough room to breathe? My biggest problem is that if I’ve attempted to answer these questions at all, typically the answer is very general and it’s stored only in my brain. If you know me well, you know that is not a reliable place.

As I attempt to answer every possible wedding related question known to womankind and catch up on my unintentional procrastination (I have plenty of time, right?), I am also endeavoring to take deep breaths and remember that while the details are important, the most important thing is that I get to marry the most amazing man I’ve ever known. (Seriously, how did I ever get so lucky?)

Father God, thank You so much for Nate. He is more than I could have ever hoped for and I am so thankful that You made him just for me. Help me to always remember that our marriage is more important than our wedding. Help us to choose to love, encourage, and support each other no matter what life brings. Thank You, God, for Your many blessings. I love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment