Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

thankful all over again

I spent part of my day today going through old emails to either purge or save [riveting work, I assure you], and I came across a treasure of emails from our wedding planning and house-hunting adventures - which, if you remember, was all happening at the same time. [To refresh your memory, we closed on our house four days before the wedding. FOUR DAYS! It's like I was trying to give myself a heart attack.] Me, Nate, my mom, my mother-in-law, and all my sisters sent emails about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, so I got to relive it all and spent the better part of an hour with a huge smile plastered on my face. 

I had almost forgotten that the details overwhelmed me early on, but Nate gently reminded me we'd make one decision at a time. [Does it really matter that the tablecloths won't match my dress? This was a real question that completely stressed me out...] The important stuff would happen and maybe the unimportant stuff wouldn't, but so what? And after that, it was [mostly] smooth sailing. No, in fact the tablecloths do not have to match my dress. [Who notices those kinds of things anyway?] The tiered cake can only be vanilla? Ok. We can't find the pants for the groomsmen in everyone's size? We'll figure something out. No one can find the bows for the pews [or pew bows, which my sisters and I kept calling them because it's hil-arious - we're so mature]? They're not necessary anyway. What mattered is that my families worked so hard and so well together to make our wedding day everything we hoped it would be and that, at the end of the day, Nate and I would be married.

Planning with my family really was so much fun, I married the man of my dreams, and Nate and I had the best day ever. And today, I was thankful for that all over again. 





2 comments: